Order came very quickly, husband happy with product and will be ordering again soon
…Extraordinary savings are within your reach with this high-quality 1Kg roll of 3D PLA Filament media to suit the majority of NEW hobbyist 3D printers. The filament media colour is Blue and has a diameter size of 1.75mm. This type of thermoplastic filament is known as PLA and is the best used for creating objects and tools that will be used in moderate and lower level ambient temperatures up to a max of 60 degrees.
Ideal for creating items where precision and aesthetic value are required. Although PLA is is more flexible with printing conditions than ABS, it is also more brittle and does not produce objects with the same strength and resilience of ABS. Boxes, gifts, models and prototype parts and other items that require high precision and a quality exact finish are all good examples of items that can be successfully printed with excellent results using PLA thermoplastic, but not for items that could be potentially assaulted, extreme physical handling, dropped or exposed to extremely high temperatures.
Compatible with hundreds of different branded 3D printers.
Ideal media for precision hobbyists.
This roll is blue in colour and has a 1.75mm core diameter.
Quality fine detail finish.
Biodegradable so can be recycled and re-used again.
Made from recycled and organic materials and so Eco-friendly.
Higher 3D printing speed than ABS.
Has minimal shrinkage characteristics.
Can be created on a printer without a hotbed.
Comes with 100% Lifetime Shelf Guarantee.
1 x 1Kg Roll of 3D PLA Thermoplastic Filament Media in Blue at 1.75mm diameter.
Amazing Value! Buy NOW and remember you'll not only get the best prices in Australia, but you'll also get our own Printer Perfect Lifetime Warranty for your peace of mind and FAST FREE EXPRESS DELIVERY AUSTRALIA WIDE for orders over $49. Stock up and save today!
|Model||3D Filament PLA - Blue 1.75mm|
|Manufacturer Form||Office Supplies|
Just spend a total of $49 or more and you'll get your order Delivered FAST and FREE direct to your door anywhere in Australia!**
Have you ever ordered something online, only to wonder where it is days later? We promise that won't happen to you here at Inkjet Wholesale! When you need your printer cartridges and office supplies, more often than not, you need them NOW right? We totally get this and thats why at Inkjet Wholesale, we guarantee that you'll get your order FAST... REALLY FAST!
All orders placed before 3:00pm* on a work day are dispatched the very same day. And if you are located in the CBD, there's a great chance you'll get it delivered the same day at NO EXTRA COST! Plus our Premium Express Couriers make sure your order gets to you SUPER - FAST
For even more peace of mind, a tracking number is provided so that you can track the delivery progress of your order once it's left the warehouse. You can even receive a SMS text notice alert on your mobile to let you know when your order is on it's way!
We are seriously committed to making sure we meet and exceed your expectations... and it's easy to see it inaction! Please feel free to use our exclusive ORDER TIMER METER that's located in your account dashboard to watch the progress of your order! From the moment we receive your order, to receipt to picking, packing to dispatch, you'll be able to see the status of your order.
Check out our Delivery FAQ section by clicking HERE
* Australian Eastern Daylight Time - AEDT which includes NSW, Victoria, Tasmania, ACT.
** For some select larger and bulkier items into some CBD, regional and rural areas, delivery charges will apply due to OSH demands that require additional resources and labour to handle.
Estella, New South Wales
Order came very quickly, husband happy with product and will be ordering again soon
+ Very robust and durable
+ Often used to create machine or vehicle parts
+ Can tolerate higher extreme temperatures (than PLA)
+ Resists stringing
+ Extrudes easily without clogging
– Made from oil, so less eco-friendly (than PLA).
– Can warp, shrink and deform if not printed on a heated bed.
– Unpleasant fumes while printing so must be ventilated.
– More challenging and demanding printer environment required.
– Cannot be used products to house, hold or come in contact with food.
+ Fast printing
+ More environmental friendly.
+ Made from organic and biodegradable materials.
+ Finished product is glossier, sharper, refined with a smoother appearance.
+ No harmful fumes during printing
+ Odours given off are pleasant when printing.
+ Higher 3d printer speed+ more detail
– Can deform when exposed to high heat environments.
– Less robust and more brittle (than ABS)
– Less durable (than ABS)
Additionally gaining a greater understanding the different properties of plastic and matching those to your particular project. Let’s have a quick look at the different properties below.
ABS Plastic Filament - The official name of ABS is Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene
1. ABS has a glass transition zone (the temperature that the plastic starts to soften at) of 105º C, and this is critical if you intend making something that will reside in temperatures above this figure like a car for example. If you made a hot-drink coaster or for that matter a hot drink container or something that would stay in a car or other extreme heat environment permanently, it’s likely that your item will start getting soft and begin to lose its shape and droop.
2. Due to the nature of the plastic, ABS tends to be very easy to print with from a hot-end point of view – as in it extrudes elegantly without jamming or clogging. It is however slightly more difficult to deal with once it has been extruded, because it tends to shrink somewhat as it cools. Naturally such shrinkage can cause issues with the item coming away from the bed, or the actual layers cracking or splitting as the object is built layer upon layer increasing in size and height. For this reason it’s imperative that ABS is used only on a heated bed, and ideally within an enclosed-case printer. To minimise problems ensure printing is at least carried out in an area that is not silly cold and preferably one drafts which then might contribute to accelerated cooling and causing the shrinkage issue.
3. ABS can be printed rapidly and can manage quick and large retraction settings and therefore resists stringing.
4. ABS is a generally a super strong form of plastic and when printed at sufficient temps the results are usually excellent layer bonding
5. ABS has a relatively good amount of flex and therefore it ends to bend rather than snap break when applying pressure.
6. ABS produces strong odour fumes while it prints and although it will not harm people, often the strength of the smell can be bothersome to many. It is therefore recommended that if the smell is too annoying, printing should be conducted in a ventilated area wherever possible. Of course this tends to conflict with maintaining the environment to avoid drafts, however good ventilation can be achieved with necessarily creating a draft.
7. Ideal for producing objects that might be dropped or require greater durability or those used in hot environments (assuming hot bed printer is used). Examples of such items include knife handles, car phone mounts, phone cases, toys, wedding rings, jewellery etc. ABS is often used and desirable for the vast majority of 3D prin jobs.
8. Do not use ABS however if you don’t have a heated bed. If you want to print some large objects and cannot protect the printing process from drafts or extreme ambient air temperatures, then avoid ABS. Additionally if ventilation cannot be guaranteed, the using ABS is not ideal form a fumes smell perspective.
PLA Plastic Filament - The official name of PLA is Polylactic Acid
1. Can Print at 180 – 200º C and while you can print without a heated bed, it is highly recommended to have one running at 60º C. PLA’s glass transition temp is notably its biggest disadvantage as maximum operating temperature before integrity failure can occur hugely limits this plastics uses and functions.
2. In regards to actual print performance, PLA is almost the complete opposite to ABS. Those using PLA occasionally have problems with jamming in the hot-end (especially all-metal hot end users) due to the adhesive and expanding nature of PLA as it melts. This doesn’t mean you should avoid it all costs, rather better to incorporate a little oil to almost any hot-end when you put a roll on will ensure smooth continuous printing
3. The biggest advantage here with PLA is the print bed. PLA has very little shrinkage, so users can print rather large prints in open framed printers without having to worry about problems like warping or cracking when lifting from the bed.
4. The fumes are quite pleasant unlike that of the ABS filament.
5. While you can still print extremely strong items with PLA, it is a bit more brittle than other plastics. So rather than bouncing when dropped or battered, some parts could chip or shatter. Obviously thinner parts are more likely to snap than bend. Layer bond is very strong if printed properly and with some skill.
6. It is recommended for use whenever an opportunity presents as it’s a type of bioplastic that can be recycled or composted, so that’s only a good thing for the environment. PLA Filament media is ideal for making boxes, gifts, models and prototype parts.
7. If making something that needs to hold up in 60º (C) temperatures avoid using PLA as your Filament media simply because, it will start deteriorating at this temperature level. Additionally because of its brittle nature, it is not recommended for creating parts or tools or other items that will be under constant physical assault. Avoid also for items that have very thin portions as there is a tendency with PLA to break rather than bend.
It’s worthwhile learning to use both materials since both ABS and PLA have ideal use situations. We recommend trying to use PLA at every opportunity due to its environmental footprint and ease of printing. Use ABS is when there is a greater need for higher impact durability and where higher temperature criteria are demanded.
Our price check team are constantly working to make sure that we have the lowest wholesale prices in Australia so you'll never need to pay retail price again. We are so confident of being able to bring you the lowest prices ever; you're shopping orders are now permanently safeguarded by our Guaranteed Low Price Promise! This means you can shop confidently knowing you'll be getting the lowest prices possible every day at Inkjet Wholesale. However in the unlikely event that you come across a cheaper advertised price on an identical stocked item that is available for purchase with a competitor - even if it's on sale, we will not only match it, we'll beat it! That's our Guaranteed Lowest Price Promise to you! If you've found a cheaper total price just submit a price challenge.
Inkjet Wholesale reserves the right to limit the quantity of products available in any instance for price-matching and beating at its discretion. The Lowest Price Guarantee does not extend to resellers.
Identical products are price matched against online stores but as with any other kind of store, the item must be currently in stock and available for purchasing immediately. When price matching online stores, allowance must be granted to also account for the added cost of delivery and how that contributes to the final overall price. If the identical product can be purchased and delivered through an online store for a total price lower than our advertised price including such shipping, then we guarantee to beat such a price.
If you've found a cheaper total price, we welcome the opportunity to win your business, just submit a price challenge