Canon PGI/CLI Cartridge Installation Instructions
1. Remove cartridge from its packaging.
2. Remove the plastic wrapping.
3. Leave orange cap on.
4. Locate Tear-Off tag as in Picture to left
Stage 2:- Slip thumb under Tear-Off Tag as below, then pinch tag with forefinger. Gently pull Tear-Off Tag as below and gently place back down on working area.
1. IMPORTANT: Examine the vacuum channel
as to the right to ensure no residual parts of
the Tear-Off Tag are remaining which may cause
an air-flow blockage resulting in blank prints.
2. IMPORTANT: If there is residual tear-off
tag or adhesive left in the vacuum channel,
then a vacuum will not form and ink will fail
to flow, resulting in blank prints.
NOTE: Use a sharp instrument to remove any
such obstructions in this channel. If in
doubt, remove the top label in its entirety.
1. Turn cartridge upside down and place on work area.
2. Using both hands as below, hold the cartridge with one and turn the cap anti-clockiwise to remove.
3. IMPORTANT: Carry cartridge to printer upside down and then flip to insert into printer.
Turn Cartridge Cap
Anti-Clockwise to remove
Install cartridge to printer with a firm click. If the press of the cartridges does not produce a firm click sound, remove and bend clip tag out slightly and then refit